We just returned from the Travel Retailing and Destination Expo, hosted by the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA). We had a blast talking to agents and networking with others in the travel industry, as well as sharing with everyone just why having travel assistance is so important for every trip!
Many people rely on their travel agents to plan not only the best vacations for them, but also to make sure every last detail is taken care of before they depart. We want everyone to have a safety resource when they travel, and travel agents are on the front lines with travelers everyday. With that in mind, here are the top five reasons why, if you’re a travel agent, you should offer On Call International’s medical evacuation and travel assistance memberships.
- Medical emergencies can, and do, happen any time. Sure, it’s no fun to think about, but it’s the truth. We see it every day, from broken legs on skiing trips and food poisoning at the beach, to heart attacks on European vacations and pneumonia while on cruises. Provide this 24/7 resource for your clients when they book their trips, and no one needs to worry about who to call if an emergency strikes.
- Everyone wants to recover at home, in their own hospital, with their own doctors. Unlike most other plans out there, On Call’s Annual, Mature and Single Trip Memberships provide our members with the flexibility to recover in a hospital of their choosing, close to home.
- Let someone with 24/7 availability and worldwide resources tackle the travel mishaps for you. Ever had a client lose their passport on a trip, or have their baggage delayed by the airline? Rather than using your valuable time tracking down an airport’s baggage people or working with the embassy to get a temporary passport, let us handle the work.
- Cover your clients for every trip they take. On Call’s Annual and Mature Memberships cover your clients for every trip they take, all year long, no matter whether it’s a short weekend trip to see the grandkids, or a three week cruise around the world. Your clients will appreciate that you’re looking out for them year-round, not just on the major trips they book with you. A travel assistance membership also supplements any travel insurance your clients are purchasing for big vacations, giving them extra services not offered by travel insurance plans.
- Earn 30% commission on every new membership you sell! Need we say more? All you need to do is sign up as an On Call agent, and we’ll get you on your way. As a bonus, you’ll also receive 10% off your own On Call Membership!